Sunday 24 April 2016

Meeting the parents and exploring Bristol

This year I have set myself a challenge to travel to five new places I haven't been to before. This could be either inside or outside of the U.K. The first destination ticked off my list is Bristol where I travelled to after my stop in London on my return to uni. Before going I had heard so many good things about Bristol, therefore I'm pleased to say that I was not disappointed. Bristol will hold a special place in my heart for many private reasons which I will not go into detail about on here. All I will say is that I travelled to Bristol after being invited by my boyfriend and was able to be shown around a city that is greatly loved by the man I love, (soppy I know but I'm happy so roll with me here). Staying with my boyfriend also meant staying in his family home and importantly meeting his parents. I remember being worried about it before the trip as I'd never done 'meet the boyfriend's parents' before, and didn't want to say or do anything daft and generally make a fool out of myself. Thankfully I had nothing to worry about as they were all lovely and welcoming.

There were plenty of museums and shops for me to explore so I was happily left to my own devices to wander around the city for a bit, coming across various food and craft market stalls. My museum stop mainly consisted of me buying more art books, after telling myself not to due to lack of suitcase space,(but somehow it all still fit!), and snapchatting various puns and images I knew friends would find amusing. Though I will admit there were a few cake stops en route.... Mainly I just enjoyed being able to take in the sights of a new city, with my own personal tour guide. A sight that is a must when visiting Bristol has to be walking across the Clifton Suspension Bridge at night, overlooking the city. I can't explain how much I love this view. Hopefully next time I'll walk up quick enough to watch the sunset.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog. I like to read your comments and look at new blogs.